19.12.10

Startled

Today, I saw someone who reminded me of Dad. I was at a wrestling meet of my youngest son and as I glanced over at one of the coaches in the corner I saw my Dad. The same white hair and high cheekbones. The same white hair I am getting and the same high cheekbones my oldest boy has. Those cheekbones only showed up so hollow and defined after Dad lost weight during his bout with his cancer. I was so startled I almost called out and said, "Dad!" What are you doing?" I caugth myself. The man really looked nothing like my Dad when you started staring. So strange that I hadn't done this for such a long time.
Dad has been gone 3 years and 6 months. Time passes so quickly.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

Very odd that this update came today as the SAME THING happened to me yesterday. So surreal.

My dad has been gone 2 years. Please know that reading your blog while my own father was going through lung cancer brought a tremendous amount of comfort.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday. Have a big beer for me. xo

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Keith Whitaker said...

I lost my dad July 23rd of this year and today would've been his 78th birthday. I was trying to find a suggestion for decorating his grave today and found your blog. Thank you for putting your thoughts and feelings out there. I have some of the same ones myself. Especially today!!!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous MikeM said...

my dad was just diagnosed with stage IV cancer... I don't want him to leave me...

12:46 AM  
Blogger Greentree Crafts said...

I have just found out today my dad has terminal cancer. All i can think about is how will my mum deal with being alone.

Thank you for your blog. I dont feel quite as alone.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Rahul Pratap Singh said...

I lost my dad on 12th december 2011,
even he fought from cancer but probably lot of effor i can not save him.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home